Statistics of Water Temperature and Salinity in 1 Degree Mesh
We have calculated statistics for temperature and salinity in the world by using the data of J-DOSS, KODC,
and WOD. We provide the statistics values of temperature and salinity, and also provide the atlas which shows
the distributions of temperature and salinity by color at the standard depth.
When you choose month, latitude, longitude, and depth, a map will appear on the screen, which contains
11 degree x 11 degree in latitude and longitude around the grid you specify. In each grid, the mean value is
shown on the upper row, and the number of samples is shown on the lower row. The maximum and minimum values and
the standard deviation at every layer of the grid surrounded by a red frame are shown under the map. The vertical
variations of mean values and standard deviations are shown on its right side.
- Total of Used Data : 6.84 million (point observing)
- J-DOSS data observed by Japanease research institutes
- Observed Year : 1874 -2001
Number of Data : 1.3 million
- KODC data
- Observed Year : 1961 - 2002
Number of Data : 0.04 millon
- WOD2001(World Ocean Databasa 2001) except Observed Japanease and Korea Organizations
- Number of Data : 5.5 million
- Standard Depth Level
- 0, 10, 20, 30, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1750, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5500(m)
- Analytical Method
- To obtain the value at the standard depth, the profile data are interpolated vertically by using
the same method as that of 'WORLD OCEAN DATABASE 2001(NODC)'
- When the number of data in a grid is more than one, the mean value is calculated. Therefore, if the
number of data is very small or the observation data are biased, the calculated mean value may possibly differ from
the real mean value.
Access to the database of statistics of temperature in 1 degree Mesh
Access to the data base of statistics of Salinity in 1 degree Mesh
Access to the atlas of temperature and salinity
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to ask us at:
Last update : Feb.28, 2005